HumanLinks Foundation, through its Health Strategy, empowers people of the state of Washington to give voice to their values and priorities for the health and healthcare in their communities.
- Engages the community in dialogue.
- Sparks strategies for improvement.
- Forms collaborative partnerships for action.
- Helps communities gain their voice on this essential, quality of life issue.
- utilizes a public process
- provides facts to citizens
- provides citizen input to decision makers
- replicates and sustains community involvement
- fosters collaborative relationships
- Presentation of Washington Health Choices: Taking the Pulse of the Community report and findings to key health policy experts and all members of the Washington legislature as well as to each of our community partners. Many have already indicated that that are infusing this summary of community voice into their policy deliberations.
- Creation of a web-based communication tool for use by our community partners and others in the state working on systems change.
- Funding an innovative pilot project with the Health Improvement Partnership, Spokane, Washington, to focus on wellness and prevention behavior changes with uninsured, at-risk families.
- Supporting efforts to engage both traditional and nontraditional collaboration to close the disparity gap in health access and health status for communities of diversity in Washington State.