The HumanLinks Foundation's Healthcare Strategy has, at its core, a belief that individuals and communities have an essential role to play in changing health care. Bringing people together to learn and discuss health care issues, and to identify their values and priorities can help shape new public policy. Engaging in focused conversations on health care empowers individuals to be involved in health care decision-making, sparks new strategies and partnerships, and ultimately, leads to the creation of healthier communities.
- Convened conversations in communities around the state.
- Given voice to healthcare issues by conveying the values and priorities of communities to policymakers in order to make positive changes in the health care system.
- Accessible to everyone in Washington State.
- Affordable for individuals, families and employers.
- Sustainable by achieving a balance of affordable consumer care and adequate provider reimbursement.
- Inclusive of both prevention and treatment services.
- Support local efforts to provide affordable, accessible and sustainable healthcare.
- Support statewide collaboration among and between local communities on health care issues.
- Collaborate on policy research and writing to promote system change.
- Offer technical assistance and communication linkages.
- Fund innovative, collaborative, pilot projects that evolve from ongoing work with our community partners.
HumanLinks invites you to connect with our partners in your area. Click here to see a list of contacts by County.